Emergency Child Care Stipend Program
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) through the Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) System is offering funds to assist child care programs that opt to open and provide child care for children of Essential Workers. We want to stress that these services should be provided only when Essential Workers have no other option available. The goal is to practice social distancing and for children to stay at home whenever possible.
Please click on the link for an application: /Portals/12/Emergency Child Care Stipend Program.pdf?ver=2020-03-30-141029-880. To download a W9 form click on the link: /Portals/12/Training/fw9.pdf?ver=2020-03-30-143053-540
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Governor Pritzker has mandated the following closures for child care centers, child care homes, and early education programs across the state:
- Effective March 21, 2020 all child care centers licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), as well as legally license-exempt centers outside of schools.
- Effective March 21, 2020 all child care homes licensed by DCFS.
- Early education programs in public and private schools are required to remain closed while the K-12 schools are closed. This mandate covers any early childhood program for children ages birth through five located in public schools or in private schools.
For the complete mandate please visit: /Portals/12/20200320162848.pdf?ver=2020-03-20-173621-133
For the Governor's Executive order and list of essential workers please visit: /Portals/12/ExecutiveOrder-2020-10.pdf?ver=2020-03-20-174706-717
The Application for an Emergency Child Care License is available at: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/OECD/Documents/CFS%20597%20Application%20for%20Child%20Care%20Facility%20License.doc
The DCFS Authorization for Backgroud Check for Child Care is available at: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/OECD/Documents/CFS%20718-B%20Authorization%20for%20Background%20Check%20for%20Child%20Care.docx
A Quick Reference of Rules for Emergency Child Care Centers can be found: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/OECD/Documents/Quick%20Reference%20of%20Rules%20for%20Emergency%20Child%20Care%20Centers.pdf
All completed applications can be submitted to DCFS at Emergency.Daycare@illinois.gov.
Child Care Resource & Referral Operations:
Due to recent concerns surrounding the spread of Coronavirus and the safety of our staff, our CCAP lobby will be closed to the public until March 30th. All CCR&R trainings and onsite consultations with Quality Specialists will be suspended until April 30th.
However, please note that CCAP paperwork is still being processed!
- Requests for paperwork or forms can be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paperwork can be dropped off in either of our two drop boxes, located in the hallway or parking lot; emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 815-741-1170.
- For all questions or case updates please call our hotline at 815-741-4622 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Coronavirus please visit the CDC website at
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or the State of Illinois Coronavirus Response website at coronavirus.illinois.gov
If you have questions about child care-related responses to COVID-19, email: GOV.OECD@illinois.gov or visiit https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/OECD/Pages/COVID-19.aspx
Please click on the links below for the Temporary Attendance-Exemption Policy and Exemption Form for CCAP Providers:
We appreciate your understanding. Thank you
"Together we are changing children's outcomes."
Our 2018-2019 Annual Report is Now Available
Click here to view and download
We are here to assist you. Please ask us for more information.
Call CCAP at 815-741-4622 or email us at email@example.com
CCR&R offers a free online child care referral service.
Click below to access.
CCR&R has partnered with Reaching Across Illinois Library Systems (RAILS) to ensure a complete and accurate count for the 2020 Census.
For more information on the 2020 Census please click HERE